Cursor ends up before the letter on android Samsung keyboard

This Fixes it for me.
Still Annoying having to turn off the Feature.

Device: Samsung Tab S8 SM-X700
App Version: 1.5.11 (133)
API: v1.5.11

1 Like

I also downgraded to 1.5.8

Happening for me on checkbox lists (for sure, haven’t tested elsewhere) and with gboard.

Same bug happens to me. Android, xiaomi’s phone. Japanese version. Using gboard with Kanji conversion support. This bug only happens on Obsidian, and after downgrading to 1.5.8, the bug never happened.

I really love obsidian so I hope this bug will be fixed shortly. This is great app. Thank you.

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to me when trying to make task boxes.

Trying to type; - Test

Results
Samsung key board: - estT

Gboard: - tseT

Turning off predictive test does not change anything.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 ultra

Obsidian.1.5.11

1 Like

Had started to happen to me yesterday. Disabling predictive text solved the problem for me

Same for me.

• Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G (SM-N976N)
  • Android 12
  • Samsung keyboard
  • Obsidian 1.5.11
  • Happens on at least a list (not exhaustive case)
  • Turning off predictive text fixes for English, but not for Korean

I think it is present on desktop too, to some degree. when I start start typing with an IME, the cursor ends up to the left of the first char, but the IME notices and bumps the cursor back to where it should be when you type another char? here is a lazy shaky cam lol https://youtu.be/4oaC1ia50V8

Having the same issue.
Samsung Galaxy Fold 4
Obsidian ver 1.5.11 (133)
Android 14, One UI 6.0
Samsung Keyboard 5.8.00.57

Turning predictive text off doesn’t fix it for me.

We are aware of this issue and will work on fix. There is specular problem that manifests mostly on desktop with IME input methods (here).

In the meantime, try to disable inline text prediction\spellchecking features or switch to a different virtual keyboard. We are sorry for the inconvenience!

8 Likes

Had same problem. Turning off predictive text seem to have worked for me so far.

Using s23 ultra see screen shot for software details

To put it bluntly, it’s terrible. Disabling inline text prediction means that you will not be able to type Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, which is disrespectful to CJK users. You need to take another look at your development system to see if it has become Latin character-centric.

3 Likes

This issue is happening for me on a Galaxy SW10+. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and cleared all data.

I can report the same issue on Samsung Keyboard. Additional info: For me, this happens after each spacebar in lines that have formatting applied, not only the first time after the formatting; example:

• bcda bcda bcda

Screen Recording of this behaviour is attached.
Screen_Recording_20240323_232554_Obsidian.zip (2.2 MB)

For me it happens on a Xiaomi Mi 9T running ArrowOS v11.0 Vanilla (no Gapps) with both AOSP and Openboard 1.4.5 keyboards, so definitely not limited to Samsungs.

I noticed it immediately after upgrading to v1.5.11. The “jumpy cursor” issue manifests itself in any special formatting (headers, italics…) but not in regular text. It is perfectly reproducible.

This is the most serious regression I have encountered so far in Obsidian mobile. I hope a fix will be quickly issued, as I haven’t been able to downgrade to the previous version using APKMirror version and this makes the app almost unusable.

2 Likes

+1 same issue here

Just bought obsidian

1 Like

How to downgrade

2 Likes

Is there a plan to fix this bug and if yes what’s the ETA?

4 Likes

Happening for me using OpenBoard on a Samsung Galaxy S20 running Android 13 and OneUI 5.1

For those affected, I found the easiest fix for now is to just downgrade to 1.5.8, by uninstalling the Google Play installed version and downloading and installing the 1.5.8 .apk file from here.

4 Likes