Current workspace not saving in v1.6.0 if 2 additional windows opened

If I open notes or canvases in two additional windows in v1.6.0, shut down and restart Obsidian, then close one or both of those windows, then close Obsidian, restarting Obsidian opens both of the previously-closed windows.

This behavior does not happen if only one additional window is opened.

This behavior also does not happen if three additional windows are opened, and only one of those is closed. Restarting Obsidian reopens the two windows left open but not the third window that was closed. This is true no matter which of the three windows is closed.

If three additional windows are opened, and all three are closed, one at a time, before shutting down Obsidian, restarting Obsidian opens the last two additional windows to be closed, not opening the third.

If a new vault is opened, then two additional windows are opened, and if those two windows are closed before shutting down Obsidian, restarting Obsidian opens the last window to have been closed, but does not open both. When closing that single window, then shutting down Obsidian, restarting Obsidian does not open any additional windows. Opening two windows, then shutting down Obsidian with those two windows open, then restarting Obsidian, then closing either or both of the additional windows will result in restarting also opening the two previously-closed windows.

Below is “Show debug info.”

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.6.0
Installer version: v1.4.13
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: supporter
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 9
Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

1 Like

Weird. After running through all this testing with a number of different vaults, coming back to my original, main working vault, the behavior is off-and-on. Sometimes it’s behaving the way I described above, sometimes not. I don’t have the time right now to investigate further, unfortunately.

Now, after @Sigrunixia suggested it might involve the older installer, I’ve reinstalled using 1.5.12, and the problem persists.

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.6.0
Installer version: v1.5.12
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: supporter
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off