Create new file from link when the same file name is used elsewhere in the vault

I hope Obsidian can allow us to create a new file in the desired location by linking to it even when the same file name is used elsewhere. Currently this is not possible.

For example, lets first create a directory like this:

image.

Now, I want to create a new file named new file in folder 1, by creating a link in file in folder 1.

So, open file in folder 1, and type [[new file]].

Here are two unintuitive results:

1. If New link format is set to Relative path to file, then I expect new files created from links in file in folder 1 are directed to folder 1, so the [[new file]] link should direct to a file not created yet. But the actual result is that the [[new file]] link directs to the new file in folder 2.

There is actually a related issue posted elsewhere: Obsidian has trouble creating new notes from “Relative path to file” links

2. If Default location for new notes to Same folder as current file, then the defined location for new notes now is folder 1, so I expect new files created from links in file in folder 1 are directed to folder 1, and the [[new file]] link should direct to a file not created yet. But the actual result is, again, the [[new file]] link directs to the new file in folder 2.

There is a related issue posted elsewhere: Disable Default location for new notes setting when absolute path or relative path is used

Currently, there is no way to create a new file in folder 1 by linking to it in file in folder 1.

I spent 2 hours writing these two feature requests. Please have a look. Thank you so much!