Copy (As*) in Preview Mode

There is no text copied to the clipboard when i try to copy paste in Preview mode. Is this expected behaviour? If so, why?

(As*) If it does not exist today It would really help to have a copy as “Rich Text” or “HTML” or “Markdown” or “Plain Text” options in preview mode.

Related: [Partial Fix] Ctrl + A select preview pane and the title

1 Like

I think there is some relevant information here even though it is in the big graveyard. Preview mode text copy does not copy entire selection

Not sure if the workaround in here is helpful. Ctrl\Cmd + A in preview also selects the title (or even the content) of the other notes

You can try Export to pdf then copy and paste from there. However, with that technique you do get some varying behavior and formatting depending on page cutoffs especially with tables and images.
Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah, looked into those bugs. Copy Paste in Preview mode does not work. Can we move this to bugs/issues and consider it as such. I think they tried to fix this in the 0.8* releases but has not been fixed.

I created a bug report here. Unable to Copy and Paste text from Preview

I wasn’t able to get to a computer to really test it, but will take your word for it because I have definitely had this issue in the past.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you. Commented on the issue.

1 Like