Config to ignore/hide select files and folders

Not that I know :pensive:

1 Like

+1 please!

2 Likes

+1 definitely!

2 Likes

We definitely need this. Is there any hope for that feature this year ?

1 Like

Iā€™m still learning how to use Obsidian, so I would use this feature to put the entire ā€œObsidian Helpā€ vault in my main vault without it messing up my searches.

1 Like

Yep needed

1 Like

You can hide directories from your sidebar and graph using a css snippet

div[data-path$='_assets'],
div[data-path$='_assets'] + div.nav-folder-children,
div[data-path$='_includes'],
div[data-path$='_includes'] + div.nav-folder-children,
div[data-path$='_layouts'],
div[data-path$='_layouts'] + div.nav-folder-children,
div[data-path$='_data'],
div[data-path$='_data'] + div.nav-folder-children
{
    display: none;
}

ā€¦ and so on. This will target sub-directories/nested _assets as well.
Canā€™t help with the suggestion bar though. It would be good to add a title attribute to the suggestion autocomplete this would help

• overflow issues when dealing with large template names
  • targeted exclusion of results using css
5 Likes

Absolutely necessary +1. Being able to exclude some folders from search specifically would be invaluable when working with very large vaults (to allow linking without wasting resources when searching)

4 Likes

Donā€™t know, but hope so.

Itā€™s incredible how fast a vault can get bigger, even if you are careful not to include everything in it.

Yep, especially given I have been using Obsidian more and more like a filer explorer interface, which means I open the topmost folder (my entire OneDrive folder) as vault to ensure obsidian has access to everything. That does mean however that when searching obsidian also goes through all my pictures for example, which is wasted time (I still want to be able to link to them easily in my notes, but they donā€™t need to be parsed when doing a search).

3 Likes

+1 please!

1 Like

Any news about this?

+1 Add me to the list.

1 Like

Itā€™s been a few years since this thread was started. People have routinely been adding requests to it to be added as a feature. I would like to do two things:

1. Add my voice to those requesting this.
  2. Ask if there are any devs who can weigh in on this. Is this a futile hope, or is there a chance this will actually happen some day?
1 Like

+1 from me, too

1 Like

Ask if there are any devs who can weigh in on this. Is this a futile hope, or is there a chance this will actually happen some day?

I have the very same doubt.

+1 from me too

1 Like

+1 too

1 Like

It hasnā€™t been considered yet. At least itā€™s not in the roadmap.

1 Like