Community plugins screen misbehaving on mobile

• We only consider bugs that are reproducible in the sandbox vault or a vault with no third-party plugins/no css snippets/default theme.

Well, that’s going to be a problem, and perhaps why this bug exists, because problems with the plugin infrastructure can’t be considered bugs.

Steps to reproduce

1. On iPad, go to Settings>Community plugins.
  2. Tap on the name of an installed plugin.
  3. Tap on the Repository link.
  4. Tap “x” to close the Browse Community Plugins dialog.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [N]

I did everything but disable community plugins, as this bug does not appear with plugins disabled. However, I did try it in a sandbox vault with only one community plugin installed.

Expected result

1. Tapping on the Repository link opens the link.
  2. Tapping on the close “x” closes the dialog.

Actual result

1. The link flashes, but nothing happens.
  2. Nothing happens.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 17.2 (Apple iPad)
Obsidian version: 1.4.16 (114)
API version: v1.4.16
Login status: not logged in
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 1
Plugins enabled: 1
1: Footnote Shortcut v0.1.3

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

This seems to be an OS-related issue. It’s not happening on iOS 15, and this only started happening fairly recently, so it may have started when I upgraded to iPadOS 17.

More info: It’s not that the dialog won’t close, just that it takes a long time (a minute or so) after you open the window before you can close it.

Also, still happening in iPadOS 17.3.1.

have you updated obsidian to v1.5.8?

This should have been fixed.

Given that that only dropped an hour before I posted this, I had not, but I now have, and see no change. The Community Plugins interface is very slow, needing to stay open 30-60 seconds before I can close it or do much else except scroll.

Thanks we can reproduce the problem

1 Like

It looks to be the same as this one:

2 Likes

yes, it’s the same. I couldn’t find it. Thanks!