- Go to list of installed community plugins
- Locate “Tasks” version 1.3.0 and click to view info
- Click “Update” to update to latest version (currently 1.4.1). Obsidian notifies that the new version has been installed but 1.3.0 is still installed.
In screen recording below, notice that installed version stays the same even though update is clicked.
Plugin updated to latest version (1.4.1)
Plugin is not updated, still 1.3.0
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Obsidian version: 0.12.16 / Installer 0.8.12
Steps I’ve tried to fix it that were unsuccessful:
- Uninstalled plugin, made sure it was completely deleted from .obsidian-folder and restarted computer. Then installed the plugin again but 1.3.0 gets installed and error continues.
- Create a completely new Vault. Installed Tasks there as the only plugin. Version 1.3.0 got installed, not the latest 1.4.1. Same error when updating.
Same error has been reported by others as well: Can't upgrade to or install version 1.4.1 · Issue #389 · schemar/obsidian-tasks · GitHub