Can't log into sync on mobile [Bug]

Platform

[ ] iOS
[x] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.3.0

I am trying to log into my sync profile on Mobile and I repeatedly get a

This would be a pretty straight forward error, except that I am using the exact same password and email to log into my account online here (both the forum and my obsidian account). I have triple and quadruple checked that they are the same password and I still get the error. I have also reset the password twice to no avail.

If I had to guess I would assume that it has something to do with my application with a University email to get a discount that has yet to be approved. But I am not sure why that would mean I can’t log in at all.

Would anyone know anything about this or have a support line that I could contact?

can you log in here https://obsidian.md/account?

If you can, you are likely not inserting the same username/pass on mobile.

1 Like

Go to the PlayStore and update the “Android System WebView” component that should be installed on your device already, it might be to old.

1 Like

Ok so I downloaded the “Android System WebView Dev” version and switched that to my default then switched it back to see if I could change anything. NOW IT WORKS! I don’t know if that is what fixed it or maybe I just needed to wait longer but everything is working now. Thank you!

1 Like

I had exactly the same problem, but using the Android app on a Chromebook (Version 103.0.5060.132 (Official Build) (32-bit)). Installing Android System Webview worked for me too, though it is disappointing to discover that I have to install new software to keep an existing feature operational.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.