California Coast Theme

That’s so strange - I’ve tried reinstalling the theme again, just in case, and had no luck. When I use the theme on the help vault it turns out like it’s supposed to… I don’t suppose you have any other ideas I could try to fix it? Thank you for the help :relaxed:

Could someone tell me how to move the panel here?
How to make the same panel location?

Thank you so much!

Hey @friendlmickle, if you install the Hider Plugin and turn on “Hide App Ribbon”, it’ll move it down there and only be visible when hovered over

2 Likes

Thank you @mgmeyers , but “Hide App Ribbon” also hides the button for the right menu. How do I open it without the hotkeys?

Maybe there is a way to arrange the pictures in a row without using the table?
Something like this - text and line of pictures - resize and align in a row horizontally instead of vertically:

Empty characters, blank characters, invisible characters and whitespace characters. They look like a space, but are in fact a different (unicode) character. They can be used if you want to represent an empty space without using space. Let’s say you want to use an empty value in a website or application, but spaces are not accepted.

For this situation you can use one of the characters on this site. For example, sending an empty message, or setting a form value to blank. If the application filters out other unicode characters then the characters on this site might not work.

OR

Is it possible to use a special table with styles without visible borders?

Can you please tell me how to remove these dots between the headers (in review mode)?
I can’t find what I need to edit in the CSS?

3986Obsidian

Hey @friendlmickle here’s the css that controls that:

.markdown-preview-view li.is-collapsed, 
.markdown-preview-view .markdown-preview-section > div.is-collapsed > * {
    background-image: linear-gradient( to right, var(--shade-10) 50%, transparent 50% );
    background-position: 0 bottom;
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    background-size: 6px 3px;
}

Here’s an easy way to remove it:

.markdown-preview-view li.is-collapsed, 
.markdown-preview-view .markdown-preview-section > div.is-collapsed > * {
    background-image: none;
}
3 Likes

@mgmeyers Thank you so much for answering questions and your help! It all worked out!

Greetings, all!

I’ve updated California Coast to include better mobile support, and a few other tweaks.

Please let me know if you run into any issues!

6 Likes

First of all, thank you for this gorgeous theme! I’ve come across a minor bug regarding embedded quote though. As you can see, there’s a additional blank line added afterwards. How can I change this?

1 Like

Hey @tim_hilde!

I’ve just updated the theme to remove margin from embedded blockquotes. Try updating the theme and let me know if this works for you.

1 Like

@mgmeyers Love your theme thank you!
I just updated to 2.0 and no longer have the file icons, it just shows a blank page instead of the icon that was there before.
The folder icon is still there.

I might just use it without icons for now.

1 Like

Yeah, this was intentional change to the theme that serves two purposes. First, it get’s it closer to the Big Sur UI that the theme is mimicking:

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 4.11.48 PM

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 4.13.39 PM

But more importantly for this update: I was previously embedding a large icon font with the theme that was causing issues for some folks. I removed that, which means I don’t have access to those icons in the same way I once did.

That being said, I’ll soon add some features to customize these icons using Style Settings!

3 Likes

@mgmeyers good afternoon. Thank you very much for your beautiful theme and special thanks for optimizing the theme for mobile devices.

Could you please tell me how I can change the background color on a mobile device when the additional menu opens (I tried to explain it in the screenshot). Unfortunately I don’t know how to reach the snippet on a mobile device, so I can’t fix this element myself. I would like to repaint it in black so that it looks exactly the same as in many apps on iOS.

@tony_grr Do you have an example from another app of what you’d like it to look like? I’d be happy to update it to be more consistent with iOS

@mgmeyers yes, the example is in the screenshot below.

The background of the application looks like it’s going back a bit, into a dark void. It seems that a similar solution is implemented in the standard Obsidian theme. All I would like to fix is the color around the background (I would like to see black).

Thanks, I made some updates. Download the theme again and let me know what you think!

1 Like

@mgmeyers it’s beautiful! Thank you very much!

@mgmeyers i noticed one bug in the latest version: I can’t open the command search menu in the “command palette” plugin settings. I recorded a video to make it clearer what I’m talking about.

Ah, thanks. Download the theme and try again.

Now everything is just fine.