Bizarre display corruption

When I opened my Mac this morning and switched to Obsidian, it looked like this:

Tried quitting and re-opening it, but it still happened. Tried logging out and back in again, still the same thing. It’s the only app affected. I’ll try a full reboot, but thinking perhaps something in my theme/css snippets?

This is my config:

{"theme":"obsidian","pluginEnabledStatus":{"file-explorer":true,"global-search":true,"switcher":true,"graph":true,"backlink":true,"command-palette":true,"markdown-importer":false,"word-count":false,"outline":true,"daily-notes":false,"page-preview":true,"open-with-default-app":false,"tag-pane":true},"autoPairMarkdown":false,"showFrontmatter":false,"foldHeading":true,"readableLineLength":false,"attachmentFolderPath":"attachments","hotkeys":{"editor:follow-link":[{"modifiers":["Mod"],"key":"Enter"}],"editor:swap-line-up":[{"modifiers":["Ctrl","Mod"],"key":"ArrowUp"}],"editor:swap-line-down":[{"modifiers":["Ctrl","Mod"],"key":"ArrowDown"}],"editor:open-search-replace":[{"modifiers":["Alt","Mod"],"key":"ƒ"}],"editor:delete-paragraph":[],"editor:toggle-checklist-status":[{"modifiers":["Mod"],"key":"d"}],"app:open-vault":[{"modifiers":["Ctrl","Mod"],"key":"o"}],"editor:focus-left":[{"modifiers":["Mod","Shift"],"key":"["}],"editor:focus-right":[{"modifiers":["Mod","Shift"],"key":"]"}],"workspace:close-others":[{"modifiers":["Alt","Mod"],"key":"∑"}],"graph:open-local":[{"modifiers":["Ctrl","Mod"],"key":"g"}]},"enabledPlugins":["obsidian-mind-map","cm-editor-syntax-highlight-obsidian","code-block-copy","note-refactor-obsidian","discordian-plugin"],"fileSortOrder":"byModifiedTime","obsidianCss":false,"cssTheme":"Discordian","spellcheck":true,"useTab":false,"trashOption":"local","tabSize":2,"autoConvertHtml":false,"enabledCssSnippets":["Discordian snippets"]}

My CSS snippets:

.theme-dark {
  /* Heading colours */
  --text-title-h1: #E1E3E2;
  --text-title-h2: var(--text-title-h1);
  --text-title-h3: var(--text-title-h1);
  --text-title-h4: var(--text-title-h1);
  --text-title-h5: var(--text-title-h1);

/* Link colours */
  --text-a: var(--discord-yellow-alt);
  --text-a-hover: var(--discord-yellow-alt-light);

/* Background colour */
  --background-primary: #2E3235;
}

this is a mac bug and has been reported several times

A post was merged into an existing topic: Chromium Display Bug - MacOS - Blue Lines

Apologies for double posting, it’s a strange issue and difficult to describe in an unambiguous way.

Has there been a cause/workaround posted previously?

I suggest you read that thread for some workaround

1 Like

Before attempting to start Obsidian with GPU acceleration disabled, I applied some pending MacOS updates and let it reboot completely, and fortunately when it started back up the display corruption had resolved itself.

Don’t know what caused it, or why a reboot resolved it. Just glad to have it back.