Following multiple issues encountered in backlinks pane seem related so I report them together.
- During process attached screenshot for reference.
- Pin a pane (perhaps not relevant) which contains file “A”.
- In pane/file “A”: open three dots, i.e. “More Options” → Open backlinks
- Open or create file “B” in another pane.
- In file B, write markdown link to file A:
- Link immediately appears in backlinks pane of A and the counter is increased from “0” to “1”. That works well.
- Delete the link from file B.
- Link immediately disappears from backlinks pane of A and the list of backlinks still shows downward folding arrow, indicating that there is no hidden link. That works well.
- Issue: The backlinks counter still shows “1” instead of “0”.
- Further edit of file B, e.g. press Enter to create new line.
- (Inconsistency): After few seconds, “No backlinks found.” message appears in backlinks pane. IMHO, the message should be displayed in unfolded list immediately when the link is deleted.
- Change size of Obsidian window by dragging it’s edge, or fold and unfold “Linked mentions” section in backlinks pane.
- Issue: Any of these actions causes the message to disappear from backlinks pane.
- In file B: Repeatedly paste and delete markdown link to file A.
- Issue: At some point, Counter of UNLINKED mentions starts to show “2” instead of “0”. I guess, this is either caused by inconsistently counting mentions in yaml header in file A or it is caused by some data flow from counter of LINKED mentions.
- Counters are corrected only if I close and reopen the Backlinks pane.
- correct values in counters, messages hidden/shown by relevant events.
- explained in “Steps to reproduce”
- Operating system: Windows 7
Displayed Backlinks Counters were implemented in Obsidian Release v0.8.4