Backlinks and Search - Display Information based on hierarchical document structure (bullet list level or enclosing header breadcrumbs)

What have you been smoking?

This is not a matter of religion. This is a genuinely hard to implement feature because Obsidian works directly on text and doesn’t have an internal outline representation document (bullet level outline)

You have the right to proposes future to the community but please don’t nag.

3 Likes

I want to apologize for how I expressed myself - I was motivated by my passion for Obsidian and the enormous potential I see in the tool. I was outraged when I saw Logseq returning structured information using Obsidian’s MDs and later when I saw Obsidian’s plugin (Influx) doing the same. If a plugin can do it, why not the app?
@WhiteNoise, you are right. Sorry for that.

To manifest my gratitude, I’m sponsoring the creator of Influx.

I apologize. I ended up expressing myself emotionally due to the heat of the matter, but it turned out to be inappropriate behavior.

I’m also interested in this feature request (or I think so)
I keep most stuff in my “daily note”, but for long technical documents, like “Kubernetes” for example, I like to keep everything under a single big file (for searching purposes), and then link back to each particular “daily note” to keep a record back in my daily, under linked mentions, of what I did that day.

On my long technical documents, I put a heading, and on a line below, I add a [[daily-note]] link, which only goal is to refer back to my daily. So back in my daily I’d like to see the headings when I click on “Show more context”, but currently I don’t, I recorded a video which explains it better (see below)

The reason I put the [[daily-note]] on a single line below the header, is because I don’t want to put it next to the header, or my outline will will have all of those links and I’d like to keep it clean. I could also copy paste the title on the line below, but if the main title changes, I’d have to change the title below too, no big deal and that’s what I’ll do for now.

Maybe I just have a weird way of doing things, but if it could be implemented it would be great, so I don’t have to be clicking on the “up” arrow to see when I click on the “Show more context” button.

Love Obsidian, moving away from my really slow and search inefficient google drive documentation repo that I’ve been using for years

P.S. Originally I thought this was a bug xD