Anyone using imdone.io that can elaborate on its use?

Is anyone using https://imdone.io/ to manage todo items littered throughout their notes. Could you give a view of how it is working for you? Thanks

2 Likes

See this post from @piascikj:

Some replies on discord here, here and here

2 Likes

I think it’s brilliant but didn’t make the purchase. For me the boards are restrictive as I need too many categories for the way I work. I’m continuing to use the Checklist plugin which works well for my needs

1 Like

That’s how I use it:

I configured it to open the cards from imdone in Obsidian.

When starting a new project in imdone, choose your Obsidian vault as folder.
You should place an .imdoneignore file in your vault’s root directory with the following contents:

.obsidian
.trash

and perhaps also

_Attachments

in case you have an attachments folder. It is also wise to exlude big files to improve performance.
Example: Javascript note in the folder Programming:

Programming/Javascript

For adding tasks, you can use both of these syntaxes, although I prefer the first one.

#TODO:0 # 9 am
- [ ] check emails
- [ ] make coffee
[# 10 am](#TODO:1)
- [ ] call Bob
- [ ] buy theater tickets

If you wish to hide the tasks in your notes so that you see them only in edit mode, you can use Obsidian’s comment feature.

%%
#TODO:2 # 11 am
- [ ] write the report
- [ ] call HR to make an appointment

%%

The lower the number after #TODO:, the higher it will appear in the list. The lowest number is 0 and you can also use numbers like this: 0.01.

When I move around or edit my cards in imdone, they get automatically updated in Obsidian. When I edit them in Obsidian, the changes are reflected in imdone.

Even if it doesn’t help you specifically, perhaps someone else may find it useful.

6 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to give me this rundown. I really appreciate it :slight_smile:
I may give it another try but for now the Checklist community plugin is helping

1 Like

@liam is also working on a kanban plugin and @Maned integrated a kanban board with CSS (though the cards can only be moved around by editing the structure in edit mode).

2 Likes

Sounds awesome!

What I would like to see is something that blends the idea of

• Categorising your to dos. So, for e.g. #todo/presentations
  • Apply the Eisenhower’s Urgent/Important quadrant in the tool
  • Being able to move within these categories in a kanban fashion (new, started, on-going, done, cancelled, parked etc)
    • The kanban view would then show the quadrant and even suggest what to “park” or “cancel”

A tool that could blend these 3, intuitively, would be brilliant

There hasn’t been any activity for 5 days, could you please see if you’d like to pick any of the existing answers as the solution, or do you still need help with something?

Would appreciate it if you could clarify on that, thanks!

Picked one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Loving it. Thanks so much for explaining! ImDone and Obsidian are a dream team!

2 Likes