AI-assisted google-like search

Obsidian already has decent and fast search capabilities, and there are people asking for even more granular search option. But what about natural language search? How much more confident would you be in retrieving relevant notes from the past if you had google to search your notes for you?

Related Request: AI Powered Obsidian (May 2020)

I think this would actually change not only my behaviour in writing notes — I would probably write more freely and naturally — but also my emotional state as I write; I would be less anxious about remembering all the right tags and links in the moment and more confident that I will be able to find this note later via search.

As an aside, Mem.ai is working on building this kind of search.

2 Likes

I’ve only just started using this but it looks much closer to what you want than the built in search: Omnisearch
obsidian://show-plugin?id=omnisearch

1 Like

I just released Khoj for Obsidian. It allows you to use natural language to search through your markdown notes. The search is incremental, so you can see results as you type. Let me know if that satisfies your use case?

See the announcement post for more details

I think so; based on the demo video this really seems like what I’m looking for, but I can’t get the backend to run yet for me.

Good to know that this may help with your use-case🤞🏾

Unfortunate that you weren’t able to get the khoj backend running yet. I can investigate the issue you’re facing if you can open a new discussion on the Khoj Github.

1 Like