Youtube videos not showing inline anymore

For some time, youtube videos haven’t been properly showing in my notes. Instead, Obsidian only shows the Markdown links.

This has persisted across a few updates, both of Obsidian and macOS. I tried deleting the cache files, without all the plugins, rebooted my computer, I’m running out of ideas.

Please post your debug info (Cmd/Ctrl + P → Show debug info) and try in the sandbox vault (F1 → Sandbox vault).

Also, can you paste an example link that’s not working? Something like this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TkNTuFF2t-c" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks.

1 Like

Solved.

I just reinstalled the Simple Embeds plugin and discovered the “Show Embeds in Live Preview” button. It now works like before.

I have had this issue for weeks, and the moment I make a fuss and someone else takes time out of their day, I find the button that solves it.

Sorry and thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.