YAML/Dataview -> "date update"

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

Hi there!

1. I am still quite inexperienced with YAML & Dataview, but already use a simple header:

Screenshot_20221013_194430

I have seen several times now that the update time of the note can also be displayed, as “date update”, for example.
But I can’t find the code that I have to enter there, so that the update time is really displayed. What do I have to enter there?
With Dataview i can sort the notes with “file.mtime”, right?

1. I currently use tags for the status of the note that I prefix with “~”. I do this so that these tags are at the top of the tag list.
    However, I unfortunately noticed that I can’t list these tags in Dataview. If I read this correctly, Dataview can’t do anything with this character. Is that right? How could I do it differently?

2. If I want to change the tags all I have to do it in each note individually or can I send this change to all notes?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I use a plugin for this instead. The thing is modified file time doesn’t always correlate with actual edits.

https://forum.obsidian.md/t/current-date-in-current-note/44557/5?u=dracozny

i also have no idea to update the date in yaml filed.
but i use template plugin to implement the feature. it will show date in view-mode.

date updated: <%+ tp.file.last_modified_date("YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss") %>

if you want to query the note, you can use file.mday in dataview script.

1 Like

Many thanks to both of you!
The addon works exactly as intended.
And for my other points (2 & 3) I have found a similar solution, another Addon called “Tag Wrangler”.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.