Windows Taskbar Recent List of Vaults

Awesome work @KosmosisDire ! Could you show us how you acheived that jump list?
I’m assuming you hacked your way around Electron with the dev console, but I couldn’t seem to find the right APIs myself :sweat_smile:

Hey thanks, I am a bit busy at the moment but I can make a quick tutorial sometime soon and post it here. I also am considering creating a plugin that will do it automatically, but that will be a while from now if I make it.

I don’t know if anyone would be interested, but I made a simple WPF program to help me with this. It manages a simple jump list and acts as a sort of Obsidian Launcher for on your taskbar.

jump-lists
prompt

2 Likes

You can’t pin them to the taskbar though :confused:

I’m not sure if anyone is interested in yet another option, but I just use AutoHotKey to bind keyboard shortcuts to open my vaults. I still use v1 of it, but it’s super simple:

; Win+1 Opens FIRST Vault
#1::
	Run obsidian://open?vault=FIRST%20Vault
	Return

You’ll have to review the AHK docs if you want to change the actual keyboard shortcut from my example, but I rarely find a problem like this that I can’t solve with AHK. I also have a script (I found it, didn’t write it) that acts like OneNote’s “Quick Note”, but for Obsidian, and several text expansion scripts that add templater parts and other things in notes on the fly while I’m writing them.

My idea is:
if we make a right click mouse on icon its show us ONLY Obsidian icon (but not storage)
https://i.imgur.com/IIKvo6s.jpeg

i wanna so see there my Vaults. (few vaults) maybe 7-10

because i open LAST vault and always switches to needed by me