Windows ARM64 1.1.9 download appears to be Intel x64

Things I have tried

I have a Windows 11 Home on my Snapdragon-powered ARM laptop. Windows 11 on ARM includes the ability through emulation to run Intel 32 and 64 bit for application compatibility, but best performance and battery life is found running native applications.

I downloaded the Windows ARM version of Obsidian from Download - Obsidian. The file I downloaded is called Obsidian.1.1.9-arm64.exe and has the SHA 256 hash D5966C2294286A4ECAB99CBC168564F0E55F07E13456AA7F3B2C156F5E7D0B17.

After installing Obsidian and opening it, if I load the task manager and select the Details tab, there are four Obsidian.exe processes, and each shows the architecture as being “x64” and not “ARM” or “ARM64”.

The other indicator of a non-native binary on an Windows on ARM machine would be to right-click the exe > Properties > Compatibility Tab > check whether the “Windows on ARM” section is enabled. This section provides compatibility options for Intel 32 and 64 bit binaries, and is disabled when the binary is ARM. As far as I can tell, the installer and Obsidian.exe file are both not native ARM.

What I’m trying to do

I’m evaluating Obsidian as a possible note taking application - I’m kinda new here. I’d like to run Obsidian natively on my Windows ARM64 laptop for best performance and battery life, though the 64-bit Intel process does work.

2 Likes

me too +1

me too !!

Obsidian 1.1.16 appears to fix the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.