Will deleting the obsidian application in iOS (iPhone / iPad) pose the risk of deleting my files / vault in the process?

Will deleting the obsidian application in iOS (iPhone / iPad) pose the risk of deleting my files / vault in the process?

I’m using Obsidian on Windows pc’s as well as on my iPhone and on my iPad and I keep running into annoying syncing issues like plugins being disabled, settings changing and document duplication. Syncing is done through iCloud. So I’m looking at removing the application from my ios devices to simplify my setup and reduce issues but before doing so I just want to make sure this is not going to jeopardize my vault’s content in any way. Thanks for any help!

If you have a backup of your vault, which you should if you value the information, nothing can go wrong: you always can restore date.

Anyway, also on iOS it probably does work that way that removing an application does not remove user data from the phone, so you most likely are covered with respect to your actual question.

Then for the data itself, it depends on how your sync application works and is set up. Deleting data from the phone will also delete data on the PC if the data is synced. So here, first disable the sync, and then manipulating data will not affect data on the PC.

Yes, agreed, make a backup in whatever way you can before you do anything.

If you delete the Obsidian app from iOS/iPadOS, the On My iPhone/iPad > Obsidian folder will be removed, but iCloud Drive > Obsidian should stick around.