Wider line lenght for images only while keeping text limited to shorter line length

Hello!

I have limited line length setting on and I want to keep that to text, but when it comes to images, I’d like to see them full available size, just as in some medium articles.

I don’t know how to write css for that, i’ve searched and found only these threads that don’t help. Can anyone help please?

Example of what I want to be able to see without zooming the image.

Have a look at the Minimal theme and their block width helper classes. You can easily make notes like what you describe with a cssclass: on a note-by-note basis or for all notes.

If the Minimal theme doesn’t interest you, there are ways to do it but we need to know the theme you are using.

I’m using just the basic theme, I could add a custom css property for that in apperance settings, but I need the code, I’d like to have have these images display like that globally

You can give this a try…

body .inline-title {
  width: var(--file-line-width);
  margin-left: auto !important;
  margin-right: auto !important;
}

.markdown-source-view.mod-cm6.is-readable-line-width .cm-sizer,
.markdown-source-view.mod-cm6.is-readable-line-width .cm-content {
  max-width: 100% !important;
}

.markdown-source-view.mod-cm6.is-readable-line-width .cm-line {
  margin-left: auto !important;
  margin-right: auto !important;
}

img[alt*="center"] {
    display:block;
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-bottom: 4px;
    margin-top: 4px;
}

img[alt*="left"] {
    float:left;
    clear:left;
    margin-right: 1rem;
}

img[alt*="right"] {
    float:right;
    clear:right;
    margin-left: 1rem;
}

Live Preview with no snippet:

Live Preview with the snippet:

To align the images, add a left, center, or right like this. The left doesn’t do much here (the image defaults to the left), but center and right work.

![[image.jpg|left|400]]

![[image2.png|center|200]]

![[image3.jpg|right]]
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.