When user places the cursor at the end of the note title, then hit Enter, the cursor should move to the beginning of the first line

When user places the cursor at the end of the note title, then hit Enter, the cursor should move to the beginning of the first line. It’d be more intuitive that way. Currently the cursor will jump to somewhere in the middle of the note.

Use case or problem

I notice some other apps behave that ways, and find it more intuitive and also convenient for starting adding content to your note.

Proposed solution

If the cursor is at the end of the note title when user hits Enter, the cursor should move to the beginning of the first line of the note, not somewhere in the middle of the note.

Current workaround (optional)

• Click somewhere inside the note, then use the key board shortcut: Ctrl+Home to bring the cursor to the beginning of the first line.

I don’t believe Enter puts the cursor “somewhere in the middle of the note” (which I agree, would not make much sense) but rather back where it was before editing the title (which, to me, makes perfect sense).

The down arrow (instead of Enter) appears to do what you’re after. Is that a sufficient workaround?

1 Like