Vim Block Selection Rendering Improperly

Steps to reproduce

1. Ensure that you have vim mode active.
  2. Press ctrl+v to enter visual block mode.
  3. Press j a few times to expand the block downwards.
  4. Press l a few times to expand the block horizontally.
  5. Hit c and notice that even though the selection isn’t rendered, it behaves as if it is there.

Expected result

The scope of the visual selection is rendered properly.

Actual result

The visual selection is not rendered, only the current caret position is.

Environment

• Operating system: macOS, iOS
  • Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.0.0
	Installer version: v1.0.0
	Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Mon Aug 22 20:20:05 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.140.49~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 21.6.0
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: vip
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Additional information

A video (zipped) showing the issue.
Vim Block Cursor Rendering Issue.mov.zip (488.2 KB)

3 Likes

Can reproduce, occurs not only with block selection, but with multiple cursors in general

As far as I can tell, any kind of multiple selections is affected, eg by trying to making a second selection via alt+select or by using a “expand selection” command from advanced cursors or code editor shortcuts

From discord:

I’m on mobile so I can’t really type that much rn, but I think any kind of multiple selections is affected, eg by trying to making a second selection via alt+select or by a “expand selection” command from advanced cursors or code editor shortcuts
@pseudometa

In addition to the block selection not rendering properly, the block selection actually breaks when your cursor moved beyond current screen (causing scrolling).

This is fixed in 1.3.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.