Vertex Flow: Fast, keyboard-first project and task execution built entirely on plain Markdown

Disclaimer

Is this plugin open source? Yes
Is this plugin completely free? Yes
Is this plugin vibe-coded beyond the author’s ability to comprehend how it works? No
Community Directory: https://community.obsidian.md/plugins/vertex-flow


Vertex Flow: Fast, keyboard-first project and task execution built entirely on plain Markdown


I have been working on something that I am excited to finally share!

I use Obsidian for all of my notes, including project notes, meeting notes, specs, research, plans, and decisions. But I was still tracking the work itself in a separate project-management tool.

The split became frustrating. My task tracker had deadlines and next steps, but Obsidian had the context that explained the project, the decisions behind it, and the information I needed to do the work.

So I built Vertex Flow, a fast, keyboard-first project and task workspace for Obsidian.

It lets you manage projects and tasks in the exact same vault where you already keep your supporting notes.

Key Highlights:

  • 100% Plain Markdown: Everything lives as readable, linkable Markdown files in your vault—no proprietary database or cloud service required.
  • Full Hierarchy & Views: Workspaces, Projects, Tasks, Subtasks, Kanban Boards, Lists, Calendars, Timelines/Gantt, and custom Chart Dashboards.
  • Keyboard-First Design: Vim-style (j/k) navigation, hotkey chords (u s status, u p priority), Arc-style tab switching, and an offline help system (?).
  • Bundled Demo Templates: Jump straight into pre-populated workspaces (Software Sprints, Content Pipelines, GTD, Client Work) to test out views in seconds.

I have used Jira, Azure DevOps, Linear, and ClickUp over the years. Vertex Flow is not meant to copy them feature for feature; I built it because I wanted a workflow that keeps project execution and project knowledge in the same place. It reached the point where I was able to cancel my ClickUp subscription, which felt like the ultimate test.

This is my first Obsidian community plugin. If you use Obsidian for project notes, planning, research, or managing work, I would really appreciate you taking a look and sharing honest feedback!

  • Community Plugin Directory: https://community.obsidian.md/plugins/vertex-flow
  • GitHub Repository: https://github.com/allanleonardjr/vertex-flow-obsidian
1 Like