Using Tracker plug-in and graph / calendar does not populate (troubleshooting)

Hello! I am new to Obsidian, YAML but have watched a bunch of videos and spent quite a bit of time trouble-shooting and very carefully following the steps on FromSergio’s channel Building a USEFUL Habit Tracker in Obsidian - YouTube but the graphs/calendars don’t render, I’m trying to create a calendar or line graph tracker using a YAML header in my daily note.

• Show frontmatter is ‘on’ in editor
• Tracker is enabled
• Dataview is enabled
• Community plug-ins are enabled
• Folder name is “Daily” with no subfolders
• Daily note is stored in Daily with YAML below
• The YAML is at the top of my daily note template, title of template is the current date
• YAML shows no errors

Problem
When going into ‘read’ mode, the codeblock just renders the code, does not render the graph or calendar

See screenshots for how it’s displayed/coded
• YAML on daily note** (screenshot 1)
• Filled in YAML on my daily note example**(screenshot 2)
• Edit mode-Clicked into code block (screenshot 3)
• Reading mode (no calendar is populated, also graphs don’t populate)-goal was to create a calendar view (or graph) of ‘did Qigong happen’ yes/no or ‘Count of Qigong’ on a line graph (screenshot 4)

YAML on daily note (screenshot 1)
screenshot1

Filled in YAML on my daily note example(screenshot 2)
screenshot2

Edit mode-Clicked into code block (screenshot 3)
screenshot3

Reading mode (no calendar is populated, also graphs don’t populate)-goal was to create a calendar view (or graph) of ‘did Qigong happen’ yes/no or ‘Count of Qigong’ on a line graph (screenshot 4)
screenshot4

For troubleshooting, I’ve tried:
• using other search types; dvfield,
• Using all the other types of graphs (bar, line etc)
• cutting and pasting the code directly from github (pyrochlore),
• closing/re-opening obsidian,
• waiting a day,
• trying LIST, TASK, TABLE functions to ensure dataview is working properly (it is)
• Opening a blank / clean vault just for this purpose and trying the code there
• Searching forums, obsidian help

Any thoughts? I’m anticipating it’s something obvious, like something I don’t have some additional setting flipped on (besides enabling tracker, dataview, community plug-ins and ‘show frontmatter’ or a carriage return or something :smiley:

Just a quick tip, have you tried with ```tracker? Some of this plugin stuff can be case sensitive…

Will read better later on, just noticed you used Tracker

2 Likes

Wow, YES! I knew it was something like that…Now I’m getting different errors (No valid Y value found in notes) but I believe I can hunt/resolve that separately (at least the code block is ‘activating’. Thank you!

1 Like

To get the yaml to register, it needs to be like the below:

---
Qigong: 1
Date: 2023-01-18
---

Code blocks use three or more backticks (or tildes) like in ``` (or ~~~), but the frontmatter (or YAML) is surrounded by triple dashes, ---.

1 Like

You DID IT AGAIN!!! Yes, that was the solution number two and now the calendar is working yay!!!

(dash- dash- dash-) for YAML

and

(tick tick tick`) for code block!!!

thanks so much

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.