Using Obsidian with Stream Deck

I am a keen Stream Deck user and wonder if anyone else has spent time setting theirs up with an Obsidian profile. If so, what workflows have you automated and assigned to buttons?

2 Likes

this is super interesting, I don’t have a stream deck, but want one (mostly for OBS)

You just have me a few ideas.

I’m not aware of the limits of stream deck, but I’d probably try to figure out a way to make it work as a text expansion tool.

This way I could use a button in a stream deck to trigger a certain search. Combining these with regular expression and matching tags for instance.

Another idea would be to perhaps find a way to map different buttons to different obsidian workspaces. (not yet possible I don’t think)

Overall I would map hotkeys like crazy to stream deck buttons. I have most hotkeys in obsidian map to things like ctrl+alt+key perhaps a stream deck could help allivate the need to press so many buttons for triggering hotkeys

just some ideas, but since I don’t have a stream deck achieving some of these mind be hard (or not yet possible) to achieve.

Thanks @santi. I will post back on here when I have developed some ideas and created the buttons.

1 Like

Sorry to resurrect the dead Tim but did you ever develop your ideas on a Stream Deck use case. I have recently seen Bryan’s video and am keen to do the same

No problem @KhongSao . I have set up an initial buttons and am giving it a try. See below for my current StreamDeck screen. Happy to answer any questions re what they are for!

I have to say that I am trying to train myself to know the markdown better and have also some Keyboard Maestro macros to help. That way I do not use the button that much but still want to develop further as Obsidian itself develops.

Any ideas on what to automate and improve gratefully received!

3 Likes

that is super cool! I’m still yet to get a streamdeck but I can definitely see how epic this would be!

Bryan Jenks has a whole video on automating his Zettelkasten in Obsidian using a stream deck: How To Automate Your Obsidian Zettelkasten Workflow With An Elgato Stream Deck 🖥️ - YouTube

1 Like

For now I use touch portal and I set some shortcuts :

• open left panel
  • open right panel
  • go back
  • go next
  • launch anki sync
  • launch github sync
1 Like

Thanks @davecan that looks a good one to watch.

Hi Hydro, I’m curious if you’ve developed this out any further w/ Touch Portal?