Using Images and transparency in CSS Themes

I have been trying to get some images to work with the custom CSS to create textured theme elements, but can’t seem to get anything to work

I also have elements that are obscured behind other elements. Is there a to use images and transparency settings in Obsidian using css? Or am I just not writing my css code correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I missed this – moved under the more appropriate category.

Is the new translucency effect what you’re looking for?

Silver,
Thanks for the reply. I don’t know if it was there the whole time or recently added in a recent version, but I found that the element z-levels are calling variables that are defined in the theme, so I was able to reassign those and get the layering issues resolved.

As far as the images, the transparency effect is a step in the right direction. I’d love to be able to load images into any element. For example, adding a background image into the workspace so that if there’s a window behind obsidian, it doesn’t show that, just the image. Another example would be texturing elements. Say if I wanted a specific texture on the scroll bar or resize handles. Or third example, having a stylized parchment type image to put as a layer behind the text in preview mode. Does that make sense?

This sounds like several feature requests :grinning: