URGENT Snapshot Copy to Clipboard ( Not Working )

Copy to Clipboard is not working from Snapshots in File Recovery

Obsidian v0.15.9
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1706

Please help, trying to restore a document, is there a workaround?

It appears that I cannot ( Copy to Clipboard ) from Highlighted snapshots in RED.
I managed to Copy to Clipboard from another Snapshot date :slightly_smiling_face:

Similar to this? You potentially had an empty file selected in the list? File recovery does not copy snapshot to clipboard - #18 by Mariusz256

Are you able to show a screenshot of the note which failed for you? What snapshots show up as red? I can’t find an example in my vault.

Oh I think I get the potential issue here. This might explain why so many people have reported this “can’t copy” issue. Do I understand correctly:

You had “Show diff” checked on.

And an empty file with nothing. And it “shows up as red” because everything is gone, and the diff is showing all the previous content as removed, and you mistook that for content that was there.

This screenshot has no content. The red means it is gone. It shows as “0 B”.

Maybe there is some non-programmer UX improvement that could be done here. “diff” is perhaps a very programmer-centric way of thinking about things.

1 Like

Chamging “diff” to “Changes” and including a “removed”/“added” color key would be a good start (tho I’d love for “diff” to become a normal-person word [outside of “makes no diff to me”]).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.