Unlinked mentions in Backlinks panel incomplete

Steps to reproduce

I have a more or less medium sized library (1169 files, 127 folders).

However, today I saw, that the Backlinks panel doesn’t show all unlinked mentions. In comparison I did a search with the Search panel which shows a lot more results (see screenshot).

I have no alias set for the daily note, so Obsidian should just use the filename for the Backlinks panel.

Same result with third party plugins disabled.

Expected result

The Backlinks panel shows the same results as the Search panel. Most of the results are values in the YAML frontmatter of the notes.

Actual result

The Backlinks panel only shows one result where instead it should show a lot more.

Environment

• Operating system: macOS 12.1
  • Obsidian version: v0.12.19 (Installer version: v0.12.3)

Additional information

you are correct. This is not a bug, it’s intentional. We do no search for linked or unlinked mentions in the YAML block.

Thank you for your reply which let me did a second look why this one result is shown in the Backlinks panel. It was due to a corrupt YAML frontmatter. After fixing it, the file is no longer shown in the Backlinks panel. So, no bug in Obsidian. This can be closed.

Isn’t there an exception for aliases in the YAML block?

Yes, aliases are handled using a different mechanism.

When I said we don’t search for linked mentions, I meant we do not search for a text like [[page name]] in the yaml block.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.