Undo history not properly contained to panels

Steps to reproduce

1. Open a note
  2. Open the file search in the left side-panel
  3. Type something in the search, for example “abc”
  4. Type something in the note, for example “xyz”
  5. Add something to the file search field, for example “dfg”. The search field should now have “abcdfg”.
  6. While the focus is on the search field, press Ctrl+Z several times to undo the search string

Expected result

• Could undo the whole search text, in this case the “abcdfg” string

Actual result

• I can undo the “dfg” part and then focus will switch to the note and undo will be done to the note instead.
  • When focus is on the note, undo seems to be contained to the note, so after undoing the “xyz” in the note, it does not jump back to the search field.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.4.5
	Installer version: v1.1.9
	Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: insider
	Insider build toggle: on
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Additional information

This also affects the right side panel.
You can type something in the search, then use the file properties panel to add a tag, but while typing the tag name, start undoing, the focus eventually jumps back to the search.

Ran into this issue while using the Obsidian Copilot plugin where the AI chat is at the right side-panel, next to the file I was editing.
While undoing text with Ctrl+Z in the Copilot AI prompt, the focus would unexpectedly jump to the note and it would undo text in the note.

The undo history seems to be nicely contained for notes and when renaming files, so I hope it wouldn’t be too difficult to fix it for side-panels including panels created by community plugins :slight_smile:

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.