- Insert an local image (cannot reproduce this bug with online images) in the format
- The image is automatically scaled that its width fits editor’s line width.
- Input some text in alternative text between the brackets like
The image size remains unchanged and width automatically fits line width, like the normal behavior when editing online image links.
The image is resized to an undesired scale, which I suppose is the raw scale of the image.
- This undesired resize cannot be reset by these methods:
- Switch to read mode and back to editing mode (press Ctrl+E twice)
- delete or change the alternative text
- But can be reset by reloading the markdown file.
- Close the file and reopen
- Close Obsidian and reopen
The bug will appear again if you edit the alternative text again.
- Operating system:
Windows 10 Education 10.0.19043
- Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO: Obsidian version: v0.14.6 Installer version: v0.14.6 Operating system: Windows 10 Education 10.0.19043 Login status: not logged in Insider build toggle: off Live preview: on Legacy editor: off Base theme: light Community theme: none Snippets enabled: 0 Safe mode: on RECOMMENDATIONS: none
This bug appeared with my daily config which enables Obsidian Git plugin, however, when I disabled custom css and enabled safe mode, the problem persists.
The resizing behavior is somewhat similar to Web Images are resized in preview mode - Bug reports - Obsidian Forum, but it happens to local images.