Unable to link/embed or do block reference to a header when it is a bullet

Steps to reproduce

see screenshot at the bottom for better clarity

• create two (2) notes. One will be the reference note and another will be summary note
  • in the reference note, create lists with - # header and - normal text like example below
    - ## Project Alpha Meeting Note
    	- #### Item 1 cannot be implemented yet
    		- conflict with another feature
    	- Item 2 pending UAT
    		- scheduled for next Monday

• in summary note try to link to reference note blocks. first try the normal text list (i.e. - conflict with ...) and then try on header list (i.e. - ### Project Alpha ...)
  • additional note: I also tried to do manual block reference id ^blockref but to no avail.

Expected result

• I expect to be able to create reference to the header, failing that at least I expect to create a block reference to the header in list

Actual result

• the header in list totally missing from popup choices

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10 21H1
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.13.23
    Installer version: v0.13.19
    Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19043
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: insider
    Insider build toggle: on
    Live preview: off
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:

• implement block reference for header in list as well

Additional information

doesn’t pop-up as header choice

doesn’t pop-up as normal text choice either

1 Like

we don’t support linking to headers in list. Either use the block linking or search/open a feature request for this.

1 Like

I’ll search/open feature request then. Coz I cannot find any other way to link to that particular list-block when it’s a header (I cannot even do manual block id).

Thanks.

1 Like

Ok, while reviewing your report I discovered another issue.
I created a bug report for it.

You can still create a feature request for header linking (not block linking of header)

1 Like

Thanks. Appreciate that. On that note, I found an existing feature request per links below (and upvoted them). If the bug is fixed, probably can close these feature requests as well.

Also, I noted your response (and Licat’s) on supporting header in another post (link below). I guess it’s probably tricky to implement for now. Ability to do block reference (with block id) would be sufficient for me.

1 Like