[UI Bug] sync version history screen needs some love

Platform

iOS
Android

iOS 16.1; iPhone 13pro
Obsidian 1.4.1; default theme; no snippets; restricted mode

Don’t actually think this is a bug (as tapping <-back or X works fine) but the UI needs some care.

repo: Tap the three dots on any note (phone) > view sync version history > choose a version and you see:

1 Like

Edit: The Sync activity/log screen looks great and works fine in v1.4.2(89)

Related: in the Obsidian Sync menu, with “Errors only” toggled off, the x is obscured. With it toggled on, the x is visible but nothing happens when tapping. Tapping “Done” at the bottom dismisses the screen as expected.

Once you’ve done the above, delete everything above this line.

Steps to reproduce

• Open any note
  • Activate command palette
  • Choose Sync: View Sync version history
  • Tap on one of the versions

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Y

Expected result

1. On the version page, iPhone & iPad: Show diff toggle and back button layout should be sensible
  2. On the version list page, iPhone only: The “x” button to close the window is fully visible

Actual result

1. On the version page, iPhone & iPad: Diff toggle and back button layout is not sensible
  2. On the version list page, iPhone only: The “x” button to close the window is fully visible

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 16.5.1 (Apple iPad)
Obsidian version: 1.4.6 (105)
API version: v1.3.5
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Live preview: off
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 16.5.1 (Apple iPhone)
Obsidian version: 1.4.6 (105)
API version: v1.3.5
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Live preview: off
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

Additional information

@ariehen I am confused… in your post you say it was fixed in mobile version 1.4.2. I am seeing this issue on mobile version 1.4.6. Am I missing something? Is this a regresssion since then?

I should have added some context. The post I linked is from November '22.

• The first issue (the off positioning of the ‘x’ and the “<- back”) when viewing individual file versions is still there in Obsidian mobile 1.4.6.
  • The sync activity/log screen issue (the Errors only toggle covering the x) was fixed in v1.4.2 and continues to be fine in v1.4.6.

Understood.

Rather concerning that an obvious and reproducible bug reported 9 months ago still is not fixed.

Looking better in Obsidian mobile 1.4.12 (111):

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.