Try to understand the new bookmark-plugin

First, search the help docs and this forum. Maybe your question has been answered! The debugging steps can help, too. Still stuck? Delete this line and proceed.

What I’m trying to do

I am glad to see the new bookmark plugin. I would like to use it to mark special blocks of text.

Things I have tried

In order to do so I have created a hotkey for this action. Using it the bookmark editing dialog pops up.

03-05-_2023_15-35-51

Unfortunately I cannot give it my own title. I must use the one which is proposed in order to be able to find the bookmark later on. Otherwise nothing is found. But this does not really help having more than one bookmark in a document with lots of blocks.

And if I do remove such a bookmark the placeholder remains in the text. Is there a way to remove the bookmark traces completely?

I can indeed confirm this. Not sure if this is intentional behavior or a bug… :thinking:

As to your first problem (no custom title), it is working flawlessly in my case. Maybe you need to update your installer version?

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what you mean by “installer version”? It is a core plugin and I have updated this morning to the latest version of Obsidian (I guess… :wink:

03-05-_2023_19-43-26

just to make sure :wink:

From time to time you will have to update the Installer version, yours is far off from the Current Version. You update the Installer version by downloading the Installer again from https://obsidian.md/

The release notes even state this sometimes, as it is needed to update the Electron version.
https://forum.obsidian.md/t/obsidian-release-v1-1-9/50426

Sorry. I have to correct myself.
Giving the bookmark my own title IS working (now) for me as well :sunglasses:

Ah - OK…
I will do so. Thanks.

As always, make a backup beforehand. Safety first. Nothing ever happened to me when updating the Installer version, but better safe than sorry!

The behaviour is most likely intentional, as it works the same way if you link to a block. Deleting the link will not delete the placeholder.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.