Trouble with PlantUML

Problems

1. Unable to set PLANTUML_LIMIT_SIZE
  2. Including the osa sprites results in “Generating PlantUML diagram” and nothing more

Things I have tried

1. In PlantUML options:
    • set “Java Path” to “/usr/bin/java -DPLANTUML_LIMIT_SIZE=16384”. Creating a plantuml block containing “version”, it still shows the size as being 4000. Oddly, the version of java shown does not match the system java
    • I created created a shell script named “java” which simply calls java with the proper options. This also did not work.
    • I tried tracing Obsidian with sysdig. I was unable to see when java was called to help see what is going on.
    • I took the same block and fed it to planuml.jar directly and it rendered properly (this is my current workaround)

What I’m trying to do

• I am trying to make provision for large diagrammes. The original problem is that the diagrammes beyond a certain size are clipped. This is the case regardless of whether PNG or SVG are used
  • I wish to make use of the osa sprites, and potentially others
  • Does anyone have a hint on how I might be able to see what is going on?
  • Is it possible since this is an AppImage under Linux that there is some sort of container issue with trying to see the java execution?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.