Transclude Files External to the Vault

I would like to request that transclusion applies to files outside of a vault.

For my work and personal writing, I have a few folders external to my zettelkasten vault:

…/zettelkasten
…/08 Reference
…/08 Reference/definitions
…/08 Reference/wordstudies

When I write in nvUltra and MultiMarkdown Composer, using their transclusion syntax (double curly braces), I can transclude any file (image or .md…and I think .pdf, though I haven’t tried that yet) into my current article or note.

For example, I can write in my file…

It’s important to remember that audience means {{../08 Reference/definitions/audience.md}}, which is important for this project.

…but in preview and when I export or print, what you see is:

It’s important to remember that audience means audience noun au·​di·​ence | ˈȯ-dē-ən(t)s , ˈä- Definition of audience. 1a : a group of listeners or spectators The concert attracted a large audience. b : a reading, viewing, or listening public The film is intended for a young audience. 2 : a group of ardent admirers or devotees has developed an enthusiastic audience for his ideas 3a : a formal hearing or interview an audience with the pope b : an opportunity of being heard 4 : the act or state of hearing Give me audience and heed what I say., which is important for this project.

(I probably should have picked a better definition :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

I do not want want /definitions or /wordstudies in my zettelkasten, but I do want to pull in important information I have created and saved elsewhere.

I hope this is clear!

Thank you for considering my request. :man_bowing:

4 Likes

Related feature requests:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Transclude \ Embed external files present on the computer