Tracker Plugin help

Things I have tried

I have tried to use the examples from here obsidian-tracker/examples at master · pyrochlore/obsidian-tracker · GitHub

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to create a page that would contain information using the Obsidian Tracker Plugin.

Here are my daily planning notes split in year and weeks folders

On each note, I have the *Tag Office and Home.
I would need to create a Pie chart that automatically gets updated based on those tags

Any suggestions ?

PS : the Tracker plugin could do that, I just cant figure out how to do that if the notes are in the folders …

See above :slight_smile:

Hi @stiliajohny,

From my understanding, you are going to count the number of occurrences of the two tags (‘Office’ and ‘Home’), sum the numbers of each tag over specified dates, and draw a pie chart based on it. You can try the following settings

searchType: tag
searchTarget: Office, Home
folder: '3.RESOURCES/Logs/Planner/2021'
dateFormat: 'dddd, MMMM Do YYYY'
pie:
    data: '{{sum(dataset(0))}}, {{sum(dataset(1))}}'
    dataColor: '#4daf4a,#377eb8'
    label: Office, Home
    ratioInnerRadius: 0.3

Thank you … it did work. I would love to know how you end up with this code … I can’t really understand this plugin yet It is amazing on what you can do…

there is only one YT video abt this plugin but its not very elaborate I am afraid

Here are short descriptions for each parameter.

searchType: tag --> The type of the targets we are searching for
searchTarget: Office, Home --> Tag names
folder: '3.RESOURCES/Logs/Planner/2021' --> The folder containing files to search 
dateFormat: 'dddd, MMMM Do YYYY' --> The date format in the file name
pie:
    data: '{{sum(dataset(0))}}, {{sum(dataset(1))}}' --> The data (number or expression) for each circular sector, separated by comma
    dataColor: '#4daf4a,#377eb8' --> The color of each circular sector
    label: Office, Home --> The label of each circular sector
    ratioInnerRadius: 0.3 --> Make a donut

More information could be found in documents.
You can also DM me on the official Discord channel (id: pyrochlore).

Currently I don’t have much time to make videos, but
I’ll try to make a flowchart to explain the creation process first.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.