To-do's with reminders

Would you mind sharing those scripts? I’d love to get something like this working.

2 Likes

+1 Should be so great !

1 Like

I would propose rather syntax taskpaper style @remind(date-time)

3 Likes

An additional feature for this todo list plugin I’d really like would be a hierarchical structure to tasklists. For example one note with overall tasks and other notes linked to these with subtasks.

1 Like

+1! This idea is great. Since a mobile app is in the works, it would be great in the future to receive notifications of reminders on mobile, too.

I used Joplin’s reminder functionalities until I switched to Obsidian, and I’m feeling like I really miss this feature.

2 Likes

Superb idea. Would use this every day!

1 Like

Yes, Please

1 Like

+1 from me!

+1 from me as well!

Along with mobile apps, reminders for To-do items is really all I need to abandon my other tools forever. Thanks to you all (the many talented minds out there) thinking about this stuff!

3 Likes

+1 from me! There is also this community plugin GitHub - larslockefeer/obsidian-plugin-todo

It doesn’t have reminders, but it’s a start

1 Like

+1 for this idea…
But seems we are limiting to reminder per item …
Why not have also possibility to set one for the whole list ???

Hm. I still see Obsidian more as a PKM/Knowledgebase than as a To-Do managing app. Then again, due to its flexibility, I find myself using and searching - [ ] more and more …

For managing To-Dos, I’ve been using the todo.txt text file format for years, with good success, because it’s easy and portable, and I sync it between Android and several Linux machines.

Without having thought it out, I’d probably like a todo.txt handler plugin, or at least the possibility to simply edit the .txt file format in Obsidian.

Here’s more on the format and even a JavaScript Parser.

Funny coincidence @Moonbase59, I saw this brand new plugin 2 minutes before I read your post: GitHub - trashhalo/obsidian-todo-txt: Todo.txt file support in obsidian

Instead of re-inventing the wheel i think a better idea is to enhance existing tasks plugins to export such info into todo.txt file or alike. Tasks plugin or dataview plugin seems good candidates to me.

There’s now a Reminders plugin in the Community plugins browser. It came out about two weeks ago.

2 Likes

Yes! and its becoming awesome https://github.com/uphy/obsidian-reminder

5 Likes

That is pretty awesome!
That is exactly what I was looking for.

Awesome except it completely does not work since Obsidian has not implemented system notifications.

I’m using Linux and Android. Now in 2023 two years later and Obsidian still has no notifications. What gives?!?!!

1 Like

+1. Obsidian is a great app but one always wonder why they haven’t implemented things like this.

2 Likes