Theme: Lizardmen Zettelkasten (Light/Dark)

Since updating to v0.7.3 the file selector pane is very difficult to read as it has grey text on a grey background (light theme). Would it be possible to do something about this?

1 Like

Same problem here. I’ve switched back to using the Roam theme in the light mode.
Another feature that is frustrating me is that - before, in the absence of the [[Andy Matuschak mode]] I could scroll across panels, and they would all remain in the same size. Now all windows have reduced in size

Just curious, might be off-topic, if the names of document are in Zettelkasten style (only timestamps), how helpful would the graph mode be in this case?

@Gnopps ya they reworked the side panels and it broke all my CSS :confused: I’ll let you know when I get it all fixed

@Kuncy I don’t follow, sounds like a problem with the original theme not mine?

@ghprince you can still use it as a navigation tool, but it definitely has reduced functionality. I’m not completely settled on what my note title strategy is going to end up being. I’m still thinking about it and experimenting.

This might be off-topic, but that light blue square (in light mode) looks like a block reference or something. what is that? sorry if this is a noob question.

@matleonii noob questions are fine, not sure what square you are talking about though, don’t see any that are light blue?

1 Like

this one. i was wondering because it has a link icon next to it.

@matleonii h interesting, ya that is light grey in my eyes O.o, that is an embed ![[note filename]], but yes it is essentially serving as a block reference

1 Like

might be, but the blue elements made it look like blue lol.
But thanks for that. I had no idea that was possible. love it!

@Gnopps light theme has been fixed https://github.com/dogwaddle/lizardmen-zettelkasten.md/blob/master/obsidian.css

2 Likes

Would people prefer I style the notes that get put into the sidebar to thematically match the other panes in the sidebar (file explorer, search, tag pane, backlinks pane) OR have the notes in the sidebar look just like they normally do?

• Style Notes in Sidebar similar to other Sidebar Tabs
  • Style Notes in Sidebar similar to Notes in Center pane

0 voters

Great stuff, thank you for your work!

Another problem that as come now is that when doing a horizontal split (as I like to see backlinks below the note) it is not possible to resize the bottom pane. Nor is there a visible divider between the panes in that case.

@Gnopps You just made me realize that I need to change a lot of stuff… didn’t realize you can move around the backlinks pane and tags pane like that. So I have to rework all the panes. It’ll probably take me a couple days so check back in at the end of the week.

2 Likes

I love this theme!
But color of points in Graph View seems wrong. How to fix it ?

Parts of the theme broke during the last update. If you don’t want to wait until I get around to fixing it, go into the CSS file and search for “graph”. I believe I have the different colors for the graph options labeled.

@Nan so I recreated the problem. It seems like a bug with Obsidian itself. To fix it just click on a different note and open graph view again. Might want to submit the screen shot into the bugs seciton.

It works now! Thanks a lot.

Headings arent visible in Page Preview when hovering :confused:

@Kuncy that is because I hide them for my workflow, try deleting this line in your obsidian.css file

.markdown-embed h3, .markdown-embed h2, .markdown-embed h1 {
 display:none !important;
}

Code blocks are not aligned in preview mode.
And “g” is not displayed correctly.

Edit Mode

Preview Mode