Theme: Glassive — a calm, glassy theme inspired by macOS

Disclaimer

Is this theme/snippet open source? Yes
Is this theme/snippet completely free? Yes
Is this theme/snippet vibe-coded beyond the author’s ability to comprehend how it works? No, it is almost entirely hand-coded.
Theme Link In Community Directory: Glassive https://community.obsidian.md/themes/glassive


Hi everyone!

I’m excited to share my first Obsidian theme, Glassive. It’s a blend of macOS Liquid Glass and classic macOS design: soft layered surfaces, subtle highlights, and nothing more than it needs.

I spend most of my day in Obsidian, so I wanted a space that feels quiet and pleasant to work in. Glassive is the result of many evenings of tweaking, and I’m really happy to finally put it out there.

What’s inside

  • Hand-tuned motion: split panes, popovers, menus, and modals animate smoothly instead of popping in.
  • Redesigned tab bar and sidebars: a cleaner, quieter layout so your notes stay in focus.
  • Progressive blur: when the window gets small, blur kicks in so cramped layouts still feel calm.
  • Separate light and dark palettes: each mode has its own hand-picked colors, not just an inverted version.

A note on compatibility

I’ve only been able to test Glassive on macOS, since I don’t have Windows or Linux devices. It’s also not designed for mobile yet. If you try it on another platform, I’d love to hear how it looks, and screenshots of anything that seems off would help a lot.

Feedback, bug reports, and ideas are all very welcome, either here or on GitHub Issues.

Thanks for taking a look, and happy note-taking! :sparkles:

Preview

Floating Sidebar

Split Views

split-view1080-ezgif.com-video-to-webp-converter

horizontal-split1080-ezgif.com-video-to-webp-converter

Frosted glass

base1080-ezgif.com-video-to-webp-converter

Smooth Animations

command-platte1080-ezgif.com-video-to-webp-converter


Compatibility

  • Tested on macOS only. I don’t have Windows or Linux devices, so the theme hasn’t been tested there.
  • Not designed for mobile devices yet.