The support of remote directories mounted in Webdav with Davx

Synchronization

Android

On Android, it is unfortunately not possible to synchronize the Obsidian vault on NextCloud.

The official Nextcloud client on Android does not allow to choose the download directory. The download directory is an internal directory of the NextCloud client application. Of course, writing in this internal directory is not allowed. It is not possible to create the Obsidian vault in the download directory of the NextCloud application client. The NextCloud client application only allows one-way synchronization (only upload).

On the computer (Linux Ubuntu, Linux Debian, …, Mac or Windows), the NextCloud client allows to choose the download directory and thus to synchronize in both directions.

Desktop

On the computer (Linux Ubuntu, Linux Debian, …, Mac or Windows), the NextCloud client allows choosing the download directory and thus to synchronize in both directions.

remote mounted directory in Webdav

Davx is the main tool on Android to synchronize contacts, calendar with Nexcloud.
Moreover Davx also :

• allow to mount a remote directory in Webdav
  • and supports the SSL client certificate as authentication (useful to secure your server as much as possible).

Obsidian and webdav

I have mounted a webdav directory with Davx but I can’t select a directory from Obsidian to choose the location of the Obsidian vault. I can’t select a directory from my Webdav mounted directory with Davx.

My request

To be able to select a directory from a directory mounted in Webav with Davx and to be able to save the Obsidian vault

Davx

The documentation page of Davx on webdav mount management :
https://manual.davx5.com/webdav_mounts.html#managing-webdav-mounts

2 Likes