Steps to reproduce
- Create a note with footnotes. Name the first one
[^mark]. This is the top-level document.
- Create another note with footnotes. Name the first one
[^embedded_mark]. This is going to be the embedded document.
- Embed the second note in the first note somewhere after the
[^mark]position in the top-level document.
- Go to the embedded document and find the footnote for
[^embedded_mark]. Click the return button at the end of that footnote.
- Clicking this return button should take me to the
[^embedded_mark]location in the embedded note. (This one is the bug.)
- The footnote number should be a continuation of the sequence used in the top-level document. (This one is less a bug than a design suggestion.)
- Clicking this return button takes me to the
[^mark]location in the top-level document. The footnote is associated with the wrong superscript marker.
- The footnote numbering in the embedded document starts over at
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Obsidian version: v0.8.1
Sample markdown, top-level document:
This is a note It has a footnote[^footnote] [^footnote]: This back link leads to the correct place in the note It has another footnote[^such_footnote] [^such_footnote]: This back link also leads to the correct place in the note ![[Embedded page with another footnote]]
Sample markdown, embedded document:
This page is embedded. It has it's own footnote.[^embedded_footnote] [^embedded_footnote]: When this page is embedded in another page, then this return link leads to the wrong place on the page.