The new properties UI v1.4.5 .. I'm sad

I’m truly in shock as I just reloaded Obsidian. Please let me NOT show properties and render tags just like before.

Now my home looks very weird :

//view mode

//edit mode

What’s all that noise ?

//view mode

//edit mode

I just want to see (and click) my tags, not see all elements in the frontmatter. All my workflow is based around frontmatter shortcuts and fancy queries around tags.

Thank you,
P

There’s a setting to show it always as source.

1 Like

And a setting to not show it at all, which is the one I use, and instead I put it in the sidebar at the right.

1 Like

Please share how you do that? Does it work in live preview?

@RiaGruen is that a question for me? It’s just in the Obsidian options:

Yes it works the same in Live Preview and Reading mode.

@AlanG Yep. Sorry for not tagging you :slight_smile:

I know this setting and use “source” so as not to break the Banners plugin. But I’d like to know how to open the properties in the sidebar. I didn’t find a handy button to do this, but if you could kindly push my nose into the right place, that would be great.

It’s in the command palette:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fix (hide) my pains. See Hide/Show Properties and "add property" button in Reading Mode

This is not working as I still want to see my tags (just like before).

I’ve found a way to show specific fields with either Dataview or the Meta-Bind Plugin.

Dataview (add the backticks, please): Replace file.starred with whatever field you’d like. Use a list, if you only want to see the results.

TABLE file.starred
FROM “” WHERE
file.name = this.file.name

Meta-Bind has “View”-Fields, that you can display.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.