Textwidth according to screen size

When I open Obsidian on my 32’’ 4K external monitor, both in edit mode and in preview mode, textwidth is very small and most of the screen is empty.
I use Obsidian 0.10.1 with deafult css but even earlier version had that problem.

Is it a bug? If not, how could I set obsidian so that textwidth automatically enlarge?

this is not a bug at all. You can disable this in settings->editor, but it’s not a good idea.

Reading Long\wide lines is fatigueing for the eyes.

1 Like

Have you tried ctrl + to zoom it a little bit ?

Unfortunately, Ctrl + zooms all the interface and the lines don’t become wider.

Thanks a lot. It would be great to be able to set the size of the text in percentage in settings-editor. The on/off options in my opinion are too drastic on either side (at least for my external monitor)

you can do that with a custom css.

I agree that there should be a way to set the minimal “textwidth” for display in one line. My point arises from the way I work with the editing:

1. I use Vim as the editor a lot and Obsidian for displaying – to get a full Vim experience. In Vim I set textwidth=78, so the lines break automatically when I type or when I use gq to reformat.
  2. The issue is when I display the note in Obsidian in editing mode, 78 characters are generally displayed in two lines with the second line containing only one or two words. I can zoom out to make those text in one line but then the size of the font becomes too small.

It would be good to have a setting that for textwidth of characters, they should be displayed in one line, for example.