Text replacement is done without input against MacOSX standards

Steps to reproduce

Mac OS X text replacement is acceptd from ANY user input The issue continues. It means any time I attempt to make a link with ( and c / p / r as the first letter of the linked word, the second I type the next letter of the link, it autocorrects the ( + c / p / r to © / ℗ / ®.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y]

Expected result

I expect typing [catuaba](catuaba1.jpg) to result in a link to the image.

Actual result

[catuaba](catuaba1.jpg) automatically changes to [catuaba]©atuaba1.jpg) which does not work as a link.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.12
Installer version: v1.4.16
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 22.6.0: Mon Feb 19 19:48:53 PST 2024; root:xnu-8796.141.3.704.6~1/RELEASE_X86_64 22.6.0
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on

Additional information

Please see the previous post for gifs of the behaviour.

Please fix this. It’s been over a year since it was first brought to your attention (on the discord, then again on the forum a little less than a year ago), and I am not the only person this affects. Any Mac user who uses text replacements will be affected by this. Turning off text replacements for the entire OS is not an option since I, like many, require it for accessibility.

If the issue cannot be fixed, please implement an app-level text replacement option to turn off all text replacements within Obsidian only. This happens with no other app.

I really hope it will be possible to add the “turn off text replacements” option. At this point, I would think it’s the best option in terms of possible implementation.

Moving to Help because this isn’t a bug, and as mentioned in the prior thread you can work around it by disabling auto pairing of brackets in Obsidian. Also, MacOS has keyboard shortcuts for at least some of the things you’re using text expansion for. https://www.makeuseof.com/mac-copyright-symbol/

If you like, you can post a feature request for the setting that you want.