Text is missing/not rendering in some notes until you click in them

Steps to reproduce

Open an existing note in an existing vault
Scroll up and down
Text is missing/not rendered until I click in the space where I expect text to be, then it appears.

Expected result

I expect the text to display without having to click somewhere in the note.

Actual result

Big blocks of text are missing until I click somewhere where I expect text to be.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.1.16
Installer version: v1.1.16
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 18.7.0: Fri Oct 30 12:37:06 PDT 2020; root:xnu-4903.278.44.0.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64 18.7.0
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: Atom
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 1
Plugins enabled: 0

Additional information

I captured this behavior on video. However it doesn’t seem possible to upload it to this post due to it being a forbidden file type. Please advise?

I’m pretty sure there’s an existing bug report about this, so don’t worry about the video. Did you search before posting?

Yes, I did. The one bug I found that seemed relevant seemed to be asking for a video of the behavior in question, so I captured it on video.

What was the relevant bug? I’m having trouble finding the one I was thinking of (maybe I’m mistaken and there isn’t one).

Also, are you seeing the behavior in the sandbox vault (found in the non-menubar help menu)?

Here was the bug I was reading: Text disappears when writing (Mac M1, no iCloud sync with other machines) - #20 by rigmarole

I have not seen this in the sandbox vault, but it’s bothersome enough in my own (fairly straightforward) vault that I can’t keep using Obsidian if it keeps happening.

here’s what it looks like, you can see how much text is missing when scrolling up/down the note:

Yeah, I’ve seen behavior like that occasionally. Obsidian renders the text in chunks, it’s related to that. It’s more likely to happen in longer and/or more complicated notes.

(I swear I’ve seen this discussed here before but I can’t find it.)

Does switching to the default theme and restarting make any difference in how often it happens? I don’t have high hopes, but it’s about the only custom thing you have going on so may as well try it.

I’ll test that out and look for it, thanks.

I have to the default theme, but still saw the “missing text til click” behavior once. I’ll try to keep an eye out for what might be triggering it.

Switching between read mode and edit mode solved for me the issue.

It seems complex notes never rendered in read mode have this problem.