Integrated text expander has been a popular feature request in the community (1, 2, 3, etc.). I am glad to say it is no longer a feature request, as I implemented a plugin providing the requested functionality.
Currently, the plugin fully supports Linux and MacOS.
- instant replacement on Tab hit
- regex triggers, allowing triggers to have arbitrary format: arguments or any custom syntax
- shell-powered, i.e. your scripts can do anything that shell supports, e.g. extract current clipboard or somehow parse your vault
Possible future features:
- setting cursor positions after replacement
- special syntax for render-time evaluation
- at least partial Windows support
- hotkeys as triggers