I am pretty new to obsidian, but I’m diving into more advanced stuff daily now.
The problem at hand is with linking paragraphs automatically.
Here is an example:
I want to link my daily paragraph “Memorandum” with ^memo-link to my weekly, but it does not show up. I would prefer it this way, because it does not copy the “Memorandum” paragraph heading to my weekly then, making it look more clean.
The thing is, IT IS created, and even if I want to click on the “click to create” it shows “file name cannot contain…” common error.
It does not show up even with heading linking.
What I’m trying to do
So… this idea is done with templater and with all the plugins you need. The idea works well when I just replace the code part with the actual file name (which is the same file name in the end).
As you can see, it works (kind of), but it needs to be automatic, so if I want to make a weekly note, the notes should come in automatically.
I should also mention that it worked before (kinda) with heading liking, but now it does not for some odd reason. Maybe I broke something, idk, I didn’t really do anything to it, just played around. And yes, I have set it up in templates, created a file with that template, still does not work.
Also it really bothers me, that the block linking is only for text, but not for tasks (shown in the example).
Okay, the markdown is show on different picutures as well but here they are side by side. The bottom one works because it is just the file name and then the linking, but the top one does not and I do not understand why.
So in your template file you have ![[<%+ tp.date.weekday("DD.MM.YYYY.dd", 4) %>#^work-link]], which instead of embedding a file gives you a message about the file not existing. When you trigger that template in another file it produces ![[30.09.2022.Fr#^work-link]], which embeds the file as expected.
this quote how it should work, because the code in the end should give the same results…
That is what troubles me, the template does not work for some reason, but it should because it is pretty simple…
The thing is that Obsidian might be bugged, because at the beginning it worked, then I tried getting the task listing to work. Now it is just all f’ed up.
But yes, I trigger the template and it does not render, it says the classical “click here to create…” error when it tries to render. I have everything turned on and my daily template renders well, so no problems there.
Idk what todo anymore really…