Templater rename and move

Things I have tried

<% tp.file.rename("⚠️ ISSUE " + tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD HHmm")) %>
<% tp.file.move("/Issues/" + tp.date.now("YYYY") + "/" + tp.date.now("YYYY-MM") + "/" + "⚠️ ISSUE " + tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD HHmm")) %>

What I’m trying to do

I want to create a template that will create a new file with a name based on the current date and time, then move it to the right folder.

I am getting the following message in the console:

Templater Error: Template parsing error, aborting. 
 ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename 'C:\Users\a\b - c, d\e\f\⚠️ ISSUE 2022-08-17 1220.md' -> 'C:\Users\a\b- c, d\e\f\Issues\2022\2022-08\⚠️ ISSUE 2022-08-17 1220.md'

I have found similar topics, which were solved by unspecified typos, so I don’t know how to fix it.

The move should do the rename also - I do not think you need both.

Hi. I tried leaving only the 2nd line, the one with the move, and I still get the same error.

1 Like

'C:\Users\a\b - c, d\e\f\

What’s the full system path to your /Issues/ folder? Do you have commas somewhere in that path?

If so, I bet that’s the problem.

1 Like

Use “periodic note” plugin, set it up in plugin setting, so daily note away be create in the right format at the right “daily / journal” folder

AND

Use “auto note mover” plugin.
Create a rule in plugin setting that, if the note contain “#this tag” so it will auto move to “that folder”

yes, there is a comma. I replaced the alphanumeric strings with letters, but left the dash and the comma there in case they were relevant. I need the main folder there so it is in OneDrive.

I will try the auto note mover plugin

I realized I was missing one word when specifying the path, so that is why it was not finding the path. The comma doesn’t create the issue, it works all right.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.