Templater Problems and Replacing Templater Functions with Makdown

Dear Forumites

I have recently started to learn a bit more about Obsidian, through the Templater and Dataview plugins, and through the implementation of an MOC system. After discovering the above concepts, I decided to restructure my old workflow by looking at how more sophisticated, ready-made workflows work, that I may try and imitate some aspects of them for my own use. To facilitate this, I decided to download an extant vault in the form of John Mavriks Templates and a pre-made IMF vault. One of the first issues I encountered when playing around with the Mavrik templates for weekly and monthly reviews was the inability to use the templater code in my notes, even though I had templater enabled. For example, the << [[<% tp.date.now(“YYYY-MM-DD” ,-1) %>]] || [[<% tp.date.now(“YYYY-MM-DD” ,1) %>]] >>
snippet doesn’t seem to reproduce the links to the notes to the previous and next day. Other templater links, such as [[<%tp.date.now(“YYYY”, -400)%>]] <== This Year ==> [[<%tp.date.now(“YYYY”, 400)%>]]
and [[<%tp.date.now(“YYYY”, -400)%>]] <== This Year ==> [[<%tp.date.now(“YYYY”, 400)%>]]
don’t seem to work either.

I am also having trouble understanding why Mavrik placed these templater scripts like so

Today’s Tasks

Refer to [[To Do’s (Tq)]]

ONE 1-2+ Hours Task:

• <% tp.file.cursor(1) %>

THREE 30-60 Minute Tasks:

• <% tp.file.cursor(2) %>

FIVE 10-30 Minute Tasks:

• <% tp.file.cursor(3) %>

I have searched high and low (including the plugin documentation) but can’t for the life of me figure out what tp.file.cursor does, nor why it is not working when I use the template in which the above content is written. If anyone could provide some help, such as suggestions for how I can reproduce the above links in markdown if that is possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

This link should help a bit.

<% tp.file.cursor() %> is replaced by the cursor. A hotkey is used to move between cursor positions in numerical order. If the same number is used, it creates multiple cursors.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.