Templater Error: Invalid reference date format

What I’m trying to do

Using the Templater Community Plugin, I am using the syntax shown below in a “Daily Note” template saved to a folder “TEMPLATES”

<% tp.file.title %>

Prev:: [[<% tp.date.now(“YYYY-MM-DD”, -1, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>]]
Next:: [[<% tp.date.now(“YYYY-MM-DD”, 1, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>]]
Parent:: [[<% tp.date.now(“YYYY-MM”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>]], [[<% tp.date.now(“YYYY-[W]ww”, 0, tp.file.title, “YYYY-MM-DD”) %>]]

The syntax is not showing any errors but when I instruct Templater to use the template “Daily Note” I get this error:

Templater Error:
Invalid reference date format, try specifying one with the argument ‘reference_format’

Things I have tried

I found one solution in the forum. It suggested adding <%tp.file.rename(tp.date.now()%> to the template. I tested this by adding it to several places on the Daily Note template. It did not solve the problem.

I’ve also read the Templater documentation and I haven’t found the solution there either.

FYI, I’m trying to duplicate the Daily Note structure described in this video. The link below should open at about the 13 min mark where the final syntax is shown.

Daily Notes First - Building out a PKM system in Obsidian.md

For showing your code examples in the forum, you can use three or four backticks. e.g.,

```
hey, hello!
```

When or how do you use this template? What is the file name when the file is created? Is it “Untitled”?

The error message refers to how that template of yours depend on the filename to be in the form 2024-03-09 when the template executes.